Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Children's Imagination Garden

We made a play garden today. Penelope and Sebastian love it! They LOVE it. I sectioned off an area that was bare but had beautiful black wormy soil under a tree. I used some concrete edging and some cut up logs to define the space. We gathered shovels, rakes, pots, play veggies, play fruits, silk plants and flowers. Imagination took over and now I have happy children playing away and asking me all kinds of questions about what grows on which kind of plant, what root vegetables are, Etc. Super simple, super fun, super educational. They have mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, corn, potatoes...



I made hanging places for their shovels and rakes on the fence


When I told Penelope I was going to go inside to get us all some drinks she said, "Oh good, I'm thirsty! This is hard work planting!" She's so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment